International Travel Insurance
Table of Contents
When traveling abroad, there’s no telling what could go wrong. If you’re making a significant investment into a trip, then it may make sense to purchase travel insurance for that extra safety net. Many travel insurance policies include protection if you have to cancel a trip. As well as this, some insurance policies include benefits surrounding potentially lost luggage items or any medical services you may need to avail yourself of when on your trip. If you’re a solo traveler, buying international insurance is a must.
In this article, we’ll be going over some of the best options when it comes to purchasing travel insurance. Without further delay, let’s get straight into the options at your disposal.
Travel Insurance Companies
There is a seemingly never-ending list of travel insurance companies that you could choose from. There are many good, and also many poor ones. This is why we have compiled a list of some of the best quality travel insurance companies for you. Below we have begun the list with our number one entry.
Travelex is one of the most reputable travel insurance companies. They were founded over 20 years ago in 1996. They offer comprehensive coverage for entire families. Below we have compiled a list of pros and cons for Travelex.
Pros of Travelex
- They have some of the most competitive prices in the travel insurance market.
- Their plans allow customization.
- Children traveling with you below the age of 21 are covered in your plan for free.
Cons of Travelex
- They do not offer any annual plans to their customers.
- The basic coverage insurance plan doesn’t cover that much.
Next on our list is Allianz Travel. Allianz is so highly regarded for a multitude of reasons. However, some of their main traits include the comprehensive coverage they offer for travelers who are consistently moving about. Allianz Travel is in co-operation with Allianz, who has been around since the 1890s. This ensures that they more than have history to fall back on when it comes to their background and reliability. Below we have gone into a few pros and cons surrounding Allianz Travel as a travel insurance company.
Pros of Allianz Travel
- Allianz Travel offers plans surrounding both single and annual trips abroad.
- You’re able to acquire coverage for your entire household, even if not traveling as a single unit throughout the year.
Cons of Allianz Travel
- Some of the annual plans that Allianz Travel offers have limits per trip. Other plans also have limits surrounding their annual trips.
- They have limits surrounding any emergency medical transport you may need when abroad.
InsureMyTrip was chosen for this list mainly due to the flexibility of their options and their ability to compare and contrast other insurance companies against one other to ensure that you get the best deal. Despite only being founded in 2000, InsureMyTrip has quickly grown into a necessary tool for many travelers.
Pros of InsureMyTrip
- The ability to search multiple quotes from some of the most well-established travel insurance companies.
- The flexibility of options available to the user.
Cons of InsureMyTrip
- Doesn’t include a lot of the most reputable insurance companies.
WorldNomads are a great option for people who may be on the riskier side when adventuring abroad. They offer insurance that covers over $100,000 worth of accidents if you get yourself in some trouble. Their coverage covers a multitude of different events that could occur. These include assault, medical emergencies, dental, terrorist attacks, and more.
Pros of WorldNomads
- They offer comprehensive and vast coverage with high limits for medical
- They offer coverage of any baggage and technology you have with you when traveling abroad.
Cons of WorldNomads
- They solely offer plans on single trips.
HTH Worldwide is the perfect travel insurance option for seniors. They offer vast coverage for those who need great service, for a cheap price.
Pros of HTH WorldWide
- Vast coverage for seniors who are 95 years of age or younger.
- If you end up in hospital on your trip, you’ll be granted an allowance of up to $1,500 for a visitor to come and visit you.
Cons of HTH WorldWide
- Depending on what needs you require for yourself, HTH Worldwide can be quite expensive.
- The best option available for seniors requires already existing health insurance.
Nationwide is great because they offer a variety of different options when going on a cruise trip. There is room for flexibility so that you can tailor-make your insurance plan to fit your specific needs.
Pros of Nationwide
- Nationwide is one of the most reputable travel insurance companies in the world. So, going with them as your option means you’ll be entering a commitment with an insurer who has a strong background in reliability.
- Nationwide offers multiple plan options that provide coverage for a large variety of scenarios that may occur on your trip.
Cons of Nationwide
- Certain scenarios that may occur do not have a high limit in terms of the coverage Nationwide offer.
- If your trip is interrupted for whatever reason, Nationwide’s benefits surrounding
these circumstances are quite low.
- Any pre-existing conditions that you may suffer from may not be considered or included in your insurance plan when traveling.